Friday, October 8, 2010

4 weeks to go

With only 4 weeks left before the Athens Marathon, the pressure is really on.  I am working on my endurance by extending my long runs and running on steep hilly terrain.  The Athens Marathon Course is considered one of the most challenging marathon races.  From mile 6 to mile 18 the course runs all uphill with some very steep sections.  It is often recognized as one of the toughest uphill climbs of any major marathon. 

Last Friday, I started out at 4:00 am and after 3 hours 20 minutes of continuous running, I finished 19 miles.   I am finding that these long runs challenge you mentally as well as physically.  Earlier this week, I was out running with the Police Team in our final training run before the Baltimore Running Festival. 

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work John! The Baltimore Piraeus Sister City Committee is cheering you on every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job....We are all rooting for you. You will be making history. I have a small gift for you. Hopefully, it would help you in your run. Please contact me: george.economides@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your training is impressive. You're gonna do well in Athens. I'm glad you're reppin Baltimore!

    ReplyDelete