Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sports Illustrated

Yesterday morning, I was interviewed by Sport's Illustrated.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that the worlds most popular sports magazine would want to interview an every day guy like me.  They are writing an article on the historical significance of the Athens Marathon and are interviewing a number of people who will be participating in the race.  They saw my press release and were interested in learning the background story that is taking me to Athens.  The article is scheduled to publish shortly after the race. 

The interview reinforced to me what an incredible honor it is to be given the opportunity to represent the City of Baltimore, the Baltimore Police Department, and my family in this historic event.  I am extremely grateful to Diane Homberg and the entire Baltimore-Piraeus Sister City Committee for this amazing opportunity. 

With 4 weeks left, I am training hard. I was out at 4 am this past Sunday running 15 miles and then back out again yesterday for 5 more miles. I have a few more moderate distance runs this week and my next long run coming up this weekend for 20 miles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment