Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Next Stop Athens

All the waiting is finally over. Today we leave for Athens, but I am leaving with a heavy heart.  After losing three Baltimore Police Officers in less then a month, my thoughts and prayers remain with the families of James Fowler, Brian Stevenson and Thomas Portz.  All good men, who dedicated their lives to serving the citizens of Baltimore.

As we were getting ready to leave, I took a few minutes to review my training logs.  I realized that since June, I have ran over 700 miles, averaging over 30 miles per week and peaking about 3 weeks ago with a weekly total of 45 miles.  Through all the miles, I have come to understand that committing to run a marathon is more about the journey and less about the final destination.   The race is now 4 days away and come Sunday, I plan to do my very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment