Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baltimore Running Festival

I finished the Baltimore 1/2 marathon in 2 hours and 6 minutes.  Despite all the excitement, I was able to hold myself back a little and kept within my training pace of about a 9 min 40 second mile.  I finished strong and felt great at the end.  My wife Vayia and my oldest kids Jack and Sophie, met me at the finish line.  It was an awesome experience that I will remember forever.

The entire Baltimore Police Team finished.  Deputy Major Eric Russell, Lieutenant Scott Mezan, and Detective Thomas Bender all finished the full marathon and a team of officers from the Police Academy won the Commissioner's Cup Relay.

Close to 500 Baltimore police officers worked the event, directing traffic and controlling intersections.  All the officers did an outstanding job.  The officers along with all the volunteers and event staff were incredible ambassadors for the City of Baltimore.

In less then a week, I leave for Athens. I will be updating my blog daily once I arrive in Athens, so check back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment